Daily attendance is important for all students. Students who attend school regularly are more engaged in learning,
have a greater sense of belonging in the community and are more likely to obtain a high school diploma.
· If a student misses 2 days of school per month they will miss one month of school in the year.
· If a student misses 15 days of school per year they will miss an entire year of school by their senior year.
· If a student is 10 minutes late for class every day they will miss 6 days of instruction per year.
Attendance & Employment:
· Individuals without a high school diploma are twice as likely to be unemployed as those with a high school diploma.
· Workers in Saskatchewan without a high school diploma make about $25,083 per year (http://www.stats.gov.sk.ca/stats/pop/2011%20NHS%20income.pdf)
*Dropping out of school is a process, not an event. Students who drop out of school often begin the process of disengaging from school as early as Grade 3.